Custom is our specialty! We LOVE making unique one-of-a-kind pieces for our clients that are loaded with meaning and magic. Follow these steps and learn our policies on custom jewellery just for YOU.
Please take a moment to review our policies so you have everything you need to know for your custom jewellery experience.
Your consultation is free of charge and the perfect starting point to discuss initial design ideas, budget, timeline and any other details. We offer consults either in-person at our shop on Ossington, or virtually via Zoom! You can book you consultation HERE.
Please note: For fine jewellery, bringing in any material, be it a chain, stone, or producing a sample texture etc. requires a $100 non-refundable deposit that will be deducted from the final total. This must be stated in initial consultation.
Please note, we require 24 hours notice for any consult cancellations or rescheduling.
Depending on the timeline and project complexity, we will send you pricing within a week to ten days of your consultation. We always do our best to give you the closest estimate possible, but please be advised that current gold prices, materials availability, design changes and other variables may increase or decrease your initial estimate. We will do our best to keep lines of communication open every step of the way.
When design details are confirmed and all parties are feeling confident in the direction, there are two possible next steps:
- If the piece simply requires wire-wrapping, beading, hand-stamping or any of our on-the-spot jewellery-making techniques, we will take some time to create the piece and show you the results. From there we can make adjustments if needed. We ask that any changes or adjustments are kept to a minimum after the first showing, and frequent design changes may add an additional cost. Please note: Bringing in any material, be it a chain, stone, or producing a sample texture etc. requires a $100 non-refundable deposit that will be deducted from the final total. This must be stated in the initial consultation.
- If the piece requires complex metalsmithing or fine jewellery work, we will then move on to the rendering stage. This is the process in which we create a series of digital images using CAD (Computer Aided Design) to illustrate what the final piece will look like. It’s an exciting way to confirm the design and make any final adjustments before moving into production!
Pay Rendering Deposit
There is a rendering fee of $200 + tax. This is a non-refundable deposit to cover the work and time needed to produce digital images. This fee will be deducted from the total cost if and when the project is completed.
After the first rendering, if the client has changed their mind and wants design adjustments requiring updated models, there will be a charge of $100 per model and this will be added on to the total cost.
We love to bring in stones for you to see and choose before we start making. It is so important to us that you love your stones as they are the heartbeat of your design! When the rendering is approved and if your design requires stones, there will be a stone viewing deposit of $100 + tax for up to 3 stone options (a non-refundable charge but one that will be deducted from the total cost.) Additional stone viewings will incur a cost of $50 per stone and be added to the total project cost.
Anice is committed to doing our best to hear and understand our clients design needs and recognize it is our responsibility to bring in the best stones for your budget and overall look (i.e. colour, size, quality preference etc.) We do ask that you come with as much decisiveness as possible and any inspiration images or design details are a huge help to start us on the path for your dream design coming to life!
Design Approval and Payment of Deposit
When confirmation for go ahead is received, we require a 50% deposit to begin production. Our ring production timeline is 2 to 3 weeks from the date the deposit is paid. Rush orders are sometimes possible, but are subject to an additional charge that will be determined when the order is placed. We reserve the right to deny rush orders, depending on project complexity and time availability.
Picking Up Jewels and Paying Remaining Balance
Upon completion, we will notify you via email or phone. You then have 30 days to pick-up your finished piece! After 30 days, there will be a $1-dollar-a-day interest fee applied to the final payment until the order is picked up. This fee also applies to any Old Treasures, stones, gold or other materials left with us to contribute to a project, regardless of whether you have chosen to continue with the project or not.
We kindly ask our clients to pick up their pieces and finished projects at their earliest convenience. After 30 days, we are no longer responsible for outstanding orders or any other items left on hold.
When you come to pick up your finished piece, we will process the second payment on the remaining owed.
Important Information For After Pick Up
Custom jewellery is final sale. No exchanges or store credit.
Re-sizing rings up or down requires opting into our Resizing Insurance. This will cover the base costs of resizing should the ring need adjustments. If you choose to opt out of insurance, we can re-size at retail cost.
Anice commits to producing a quality product. If the piece(s) require repair due to a materials flaw, manufacturing or production defect, please bring the item into us for a proper evaluation. We must see the item in-person before committing to repair. The coverage of cost for repairs is on a case-by-case basis.
If your piece has set stones, come by and have us check them once a year! We can tighten things up if needed.
Please follow our care guidelines for your custom love jewellery to ensure longevity of your special pieces forever.
- For true metals, clean gently with water and baking soda. Dry with a soft polishing cloth. Do not use any chemical dips or gimmicky cleaning products.
- For gold-filled or plated metals, avoid excessive washing, polishing or rubbing.
- Be mindful that lotions, perfumes, and water exposure can and will affect the look of jewellery over time.
- Be gentle! Avoid tugging and pulling. Remove your piece during sleep, chores, exercise etc.
- Store your piece in a small airtight container or plastic bag in a cool, dark and dry place.
- Practice thoughtful care and love of your piece so you can enjoy it for years to come!